Strava Stats

Monday, July 15, 2013

I believe it's Sunday and we climb Alp d Huez

 
 
 
 
I'm beginning to lose track of time ( not so good for a leader/organiser) but they tell me it's Sunday. I do however know that today we climb Alp d Huez and then meander along a section of what I call the balcony road to descent into Allemont and then along the valley to Bourg d Oisans and home to Venosc. Some 80 kms of spectacular alps riding.
Made an early start for this one, 6:30 breakfast and ready to hit the hills by 8:00 in the relative cool of the morning. Certainly made for a more comfortable ascent of Alp d Huez, which as expected was successfully achieved by all. Photos, coffee, cake and then descend a few hairpins and turn off towards Villard-Reculas. Views down into the valley are spectacular from here, I believe this to be one of the old roads carved into the cliff face to access the slopes of alp d Heuz. From Villard Reculas the road begins its descent down to Allemont and then a spin along the flat valley floor to Bourg -d Oisans for lunch, a little more shopping and the cruise home the awaiting luxury of Chalet Morville.
Got back in time to watch the final stages of the tour (the climb of Mt Ventoux) reliving our own glories of Friday's climb and then adjourning our selected mode of relaxation.
Another good day! 

 
 


1 comment:

  1. Dear Frenchbob
    Stuey O'Grady has sent me another tweet. He really really wants that autographed photo of me!
    He said he will get it from you on his second lap of Alpe D'huez
    Love and peace
    M

    ReplyDelete